Thursday 13 April 2017

New Interesting Shave Soap Scent - B & M Night Music

A scent of contention amongst many in the wet shave community, and I can see why.
Barrister and Mann Night Music is considered as much, due to the heavily masked aroma you get from the top notes of this soap (4 different types of musks).



Put it this way, you'll either hate this scent, or love it. There is no in between. I personally loved this soap, mainly because I am a musk scent enthusiast. Name it, and I am there, from Fougere's to anywhere in between. 

Now I must say that of the base notes of Strawberry, Vanilla, Bergamot, Musk, Iris; I could pick up the most minor tone of strawberry, hiding under Vanilla and the musk. I could not pick up the Bergamot if I had to save my life. All good though, as most of these other base notes might need to be activated once the soap blooms and is lathered as well. 

The first thing you see though when you open the lid is Brown, brown and more brown. You think to yourself, is this what it is supposed to be? It kind of looks like something, may I say, like sh1t.


All good though, because what you see is the effect of pure vanillin within the soap. That is what makes it brown, now mind you, that when lettering this thing up, B & M so say to lather with a synthetic brush, as natural boar or badger hair does stain due to the vanillin. This isn't a problem though, as the coloring does wash out of a pure boar or badger hair brush after 3 or so shaves. 

The verdict? Well, it was a whole new experience lathering up a dark brown soap, mainly because the lather looks like coffee or espresso cream from your morning coffee, minus the hot.


As always with a B & M soap, it lathers a treat but keep in mind that it is a THIRSTY SOAP, as all other B & M soaps are. I needed to dip my brush into some hot water to a few times to quench the soap's thirst when lathering.

Overall, it provided me with a pleasant, slick shave that when lathered, gave some amazing aromas and basically highlitened the 4 sweet musks within, as well as illuminated the strawberry in the base note. It was a sweet experience. Very happy camper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment