Wednesday 31 May 2017

First shave in a month!

Boy it's good to be back, with a nice, clean shaven face at the end of a long month without shaving. The main aim was to see how full I could grow a well maintained beard, and I must say that I surprised myself.
The trick was to let the beard grow in for at least 2 weeks, no matter where on the face, and then trimming it to around a number 3 setting om the beard trimmer so that the hair on the cheeks, blended in with the hair on the neck, chin and so forth.

But enough of that! Today, it was time. 1 month after I started this crusade, it's gone! And with ease, mind you. All thanks to the Parker SRX Shavette, and a new acquisition of Gillette Nacet DE blades. I wanted a nice mild shave, but with sharpness of at least a 5 on a scale of 10. These didn't disappoint, a beautiful shave. Although I can't believe that after a month of not shaving that my first shave was with a Shavette, and the first time I have ever held one, mind you!

As they say though, baby steps towards a straight razor, and such a satisfying, 1.5 hour shave after a busy work day!



No comments:

Post a Comment