Monday 12 June 2017

Parker SRX Shavette Review

So I have had the pleasure of acquiring and using the Parker SRX shavette for 3 weeks now, paired with a Gillette Nacet blade (known for its mild and forgiving nature).


I have paired it with various types of shaving creams and soaps, and the results were outstanding! A close, BBS shave just after 2 passes every time, with the second pass merely being a buffing pass.

It has a fantastic chrome plated body, with a very nice heft to it which balances out perfectly at its centre of gravity.


It is easy to handle, and for a beginner mind you, I shaved off a month's worth of beard in 1 and a half passes. Not too shabby! Another selling point is that this shavette is built amazingly well, with Stainless Steel making up the body of the Shavette. It looks the part and acts the part as well.

I must say that in light of the experience that shaving with the Parker SRX has given me, I have also acquired the Feather SS japanese straight razor (with scales) to further enhance my experience. The differences being the the Feather SS uses artist club blades instead of the usual DE blade that your run of the mill Shavettes use. But that is a story for another day.

For now, I must say that I highly recommend the Parker SRX shavette to anyone who has been wet shaving for a while now, and who wants to expand their horizons to the Straight Razor world. A shavette is the natural next step that will pique the interests of those wet shavers that want to dabble in the handling of a straight razor, with a more forgiving experience on the face (and in the hip-pocket).

And with the price ranging from $35-$50 bucks AUD for this tool of the wet shaver's trade, you can't really go wrong. Fantastic work Parker!

No comments:

Post a Comment