Sunday 23 July 2017

A very good shave - Feather Artist Club SS Shavette

I know it's probably said more often than not, but my goodness, did I ever have an excellent shave with the Feather Artist club SS shavette!? This thing has only confirmed to me, after the last 4 weeks of beard shaping and neck and cheek shaving, that it is worth of probably being the best shaver in my whole collection.
I had recently let my beard grow out for about 5 weeks just recently, and naturally, I have a course beard when it comes up to about number 4 on the beard trimmer. I thought to myself, it's time to really test what this shavette can truly do. I mean, I was only neck shaving, right?

I have to tell you, even with an artist club blade that is 3 shaves mature, this shavette truly shaved all of the beard off in 1 pass,  BBS, like rolling a lathered up carpet off my face. It was such a pleasure, and so pleasant to shave with! Absolutely no irritation what so ever, no cuts, nothing. Even after running the alum block over my face, after not shaving my full face properly for 4 weeks, I had no stinging sensation at all.

The blade exposure you get is excellent, coupled with the slight curve at the bottom of the blade exposure which presses down the skin ever so slightly to get a closer shave.


Ingenious design if you ask me, and more to the point, the true test when I woke up the next morning and looked at my face to see how it fared with some growth. No in-growns, no red patches, just nice even growth.

What is most interesting is how the blade assembly slides off the main body with some force off the spring, allowing for cleaning within the blade and body. I love this part of the shavette, as I like to keep all my shavettes, and for that fact, all my razors, nice and clean to prevent soap scum build up and corrosion.

Finally guys, it is definitely not that hard to find the optimum blade angle on this shavette. You will find it quite easily with some minor adjustments.





I am very happy with this razor, and I would highly Recommend it to anyone who is sitting on the fence with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment