Sunday 4 February 2018

First Shave in a while with the Wunderbar Slant

It has been some time since I have shaved,  period. It is also the first time in a while that I have shaved with the all CNC machined stainless Steel RazoRock Wunderbar Slant safety razor.

As I have not shaved for nearly 2 months now, partly due to my trip to Japan during the winter, and wanting to keep the face warm, I thought it would be a fantastic opportunity to use this very accurate razor.



Quite frankly, I was excited to slice the beard off and have a smooth face. I was getting quite annoyed by the beard, and the anticipation of growing a beard over time was wearing thin.

Now for all notification purposes, I have a thick beard, and during today's shave, most notably with the smooth Gillette Nacet Blade, I was surprised at home quickly, cleanly and also smoothly the beard came off without any razor burn. This type of razor, to my experimentation over a period of time, does not pair well with a very sharp razor blade, such as your Feathers or Kai razor blade. One might think that a sharp razor blade such as this would bode well for a slant razor, but that is simply not the case for me, all comments being subjective of course.

It's kind of like putting a size 12 shoe on a size 5 foot. Yeah, the shoe will cover and protect the foot, but wouldn't be too comfortable for the person with the size 5 foot after a day of walking or running. Hence, you have got to pair the right blade with the right safety razor (for all the budding wet shavers out there).

Today's shave was fantastic, paired with the Dr Jon's Hydra Shave soap and Aftershave lotion. That menthol kick is something I've missed on my face.

Overall, a fantastic shave of the day! It's great to be back guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment